At Helio Fitness the welfare of our members is of the utmost importance to us. We are reviewing the coronavirus situation regularly and are following the advice and guidance of Public Health England (PHE) and UKActive, the fitness industry’s governing body.
Our gyms remain open and we’ve made some changes to our cleaning routines to ensure your workout session is as safe as possible.
What is Helio Fitness doing to keep you safe?
- We continue to maintain our robust cleaning and sanitation schedule across all our gym facilities and equipment, with a particular focus on PIN pads, door handles, lockers, vending machines and high use gym equipment.
- We will provide extra cleaning equipment on gym floors to enable you to clean equipment after your workout. Members are also welcome to bring and freely use their own sanitising wipes and hand sanitiser.
- We have also increased the frequency of checks to the hand wash facilities and will ensure that we have plenty of soap available, with checks taking place every 30 minutes.
If you have any concerns or questions about our cleaning schedule, please make a member of the gym team aware and they will be happy to assist you.
What can you do to help?
As a member you can help reduce the spread of the coronavirus infection by following the guidance from PHE:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Try to stay approximately 2 metres away from other members
The latest government advice is that if you have symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature and/or a new, continuous cough) you should stay at home for 7 days and do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. You do not need to contact NHS 111 to tell them you’re staying at home.
More information on coronavirus can be found on the NHS and PHE websites.
Public Health England: www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
Helio Fitness will continue to monitor the situation closely and will update you with any changes.
Thank you for your co-operation and assistance with this matter.
We look forward to seeing you in the gym soon.